Enhance Semen Stains Screening
Rape is a global scourge. It is estimated that 1 woman out of 5 will face rape or attempted rape in her lifetime. Hidden truth lies in millions of unsolved rapes that cannot be proven in the absence of evidence found, sperm traces in front. According to RAINN, out of 1000 sexual assaults, only 4.6 rapists will go to jail.
Following a rape, Crime Scene and Crime Laboratory Technicians often face the difficult task to locate semen traces on evidences and on the scene within a short period of time. If alternate light sources are widely used, scientific literature agrees that ALS shows many disadvantages. The main weakness being lots of false positive traces that are then time and money consuming to exclude from the analysis. Even more concerning, according to fabric and color, it is sometimes estimated that 30% of semen stains are missed by alternate light sources available on the market.
Acid Phosphatase tests, if more sensitive and specific, show many disadvantages. AP tests use toxic (carcinogen) “lab-prepared” reagents which are thus long and dangerous to use. Moreover, as reagents damage DNA, it requires to be done indirectly, which may then lead to mis-repositioning on evidence and for obvious reasons can not be sprayed on the scene.
STK Sperm Tracker solves it all!
After years of research in collaboration with the French Scientific Police (INPS), AXO Science is now bringing to the forensic experts the Sperm Tracker Technology that improves both sensitivity and specificity of semen detection and offers many advantages to crime laboratory experts in detecting semen stains:
- Sensitive: do not miss any single semen stain by using the most sensitive technique available, whatever the color or fabric of the item
- Specific: do not waste time and money with false positive, only semen will show, even if mixed with other body fluids
- Non Toxic: human and environmental friendly. Get rid of carcinogen, time-consuming AP reagents
- Easy and Ready to use: simple and rapid protocol
- ISO 18385: forensic grade certified
Two Products for Total Scene Screening